Saturday, 5 March 2016

Essie 'Eternal Optimist' Swatch, Review and Comparison

I bought a twin pack of Essie polishes called 'Bridal Bliss' which included Eternal Optimist and Allure. Eternal Optimist is a mid dusky pink, with a hint of peach, and was bought out by Essie in their Spring 2009 collection. Essie describe it as a spiced tea rose with a dash of cream.
I don't think the colour is particularly flattering on me, but it is quite pretty and neutral for when you need something not too in-your-face, with a bit more colour than a nude.

The photo below is taken indoors in natural light. It's not a great photo, but the colour is quite true to life.
The application of Eternal Optimist is good - it's moderately well pigmented, and covered nicely in two coats. It has a lovely cream finish. My bottle has the wide Essie brush, which I prefer.
I used Orly Bonder undercoat, two coats of Eternal Optimist, and Seche Vite Top Coat.

 This photo comes up a bit pink - Eternal Optimist is slightly more peach coloured in real life.

 I don't have any other polishes very similar to Eternal Optimist, but here are some of the closest: In Stitches, Stones n Roses, Spin the Bottle, Lady Like and Island Hopping.
(Incidentally, yes - the little bottle in the group below does drive me nuts, but I ordered a box set thinking they were full sized, and alas they were not!!)

Swatches of the above shades:

Eternal Optimist from further away, so you can get a more general impression of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment